The Historic Mosque Masjid Mahabat Khan Peshawar

The Historic Mosque Masjid Mahabat Khan Peshawar
The city of Peshawar, though terribly recent and a city that has been the thoroughfare of all the invaders from Khyber Pass has terribly less to supply as so much Muslims design, specially the Moguls design is bothered. However, Masjid Mahabat Khan, is that the solely structure that stands nowadays during a slim ally of the “Andar Shehar Bazaar” of the recent town, that reminds of the glory the Mogul empire and also their love for construction, specially the mosques. 
The mosque was in-built 1630 A.D, throughout the rule of the Mughal Emperor Shah Jehan by Mahabat Khan the Governor of Peshawar valley. Since the mosque was funded and financed by him. The mosque became to be called Masjid Mahabat Khan. The mosque is matchless of Mughal design, set among the gold and silversmith retailers. It’s a slim however large entrance that results in an outsized prayer courtyard. Within the middle of the courtyard may be a cool blue tiled ablution pond with a row of rooms on either facet or a main prayer hall towards the western facet. 
Masjid Mahabat Khan Peshawar
The most halls are lavishly embellished within with floral works and Islamic calligraphy. The highest of the mosque is roofed by 3 fluted domes, whereas 2 tall minarets stand on every flank of the most halls. Like all alternative Muslim buildings that were looted, destroyed and plundered throughout the Sikhs occupation of Punjab, this mosque was additionally no exception. Its blue tiles and decorative plates were ruthlessly removed and whisked away. Throughout the appointment of General Avitabile, an Italian mercenary, because the governor of Peshawar, a day before breakfast, he would have a number of native men hurled from the highest of the minaret of the Mosque to teach a lesson to the defiant tribesmen. His cruelty has passed into the folklore of the walled town for naughty kids are typically warned of the wrath of Abu Tabela, an area corruption of Avitabile. The highest domes of the minarets were destroyed by the Sikh rulers by Hearth in 1898 and were solely saved by the unremitting efforts of the devoted. The masque was later rebuilt by the British Government. The mosque is open to tourist a day from sunrise until sunset, except throughout the prayers timings and specially the afternoon Friday prayers.